We invite you to share your expertise and knowledge with the TDWI community by applying to present at TDWI München 2022, the leading international conference for Data & Insights in Germany.
Homecoming. TDWI München returns to Munich. We are planning to hold the conference on-site at MOC in Munich.
The safety of our participants is most important to us. Depending on the COVID-19 infection incidence, we will create an appropriate hygiene concept. We look forward to you, the personal exchange and the opportunity to network intensively.
The program at TDWI München 2022 is curated by the advisory board based on this Call for Contributions. The Special Interest Groups of the TDWI (TDWI Themenzirkel) launched in 2021 have contributed their focus areas to this Call for Contribution. They will accompany the selection process accordingly and help shape the program.
A still increasing number of companies have identified the targeted use of data as a key pillar of sustainable competitive success. In addition, fueled by Big Data, Analytics, and an AI boom in recent years, many exciting initiatives have been launched in which innovative analytics solutions have emerged.
The potential is far from exhausted; Companies are experimenting e.g., increasingly with Natural Language Processing, Process Mining and Social Network Analysis, new approaches to Ensemble Learning, and the ever-growing field of Deep Learning – this in addition to the often established but always addressed field of Business Intelligence including ETL, Data Warehousing, On-Line Analytical Processing, reporting, etc. new tools, architectural environments and supportive functionalities promise to open the door to sophisticated analytics technologies for broad user groups (automated service engineering, automated data engineering and model selection, or cognitive computing).
This is underpinned by improved accessibility of data storage and analysis infrastructure. Sophisticated cloud analytics platforms, containerized infrastructure provisioning, serverless computing, data science notebooks, and the proliferation of analysis-oriented programming languages, such as Python, R, etc. the hurdles of embedding analytics in enterprise IT. With the maturity of the solutions, there is growing realization that Big Data and Analytics also need governance and should be embedded in overarching BIA governance initiatives.
This concerns the data itself, the tools used, and the models developed and operationalized. It is becoming increasingly clear that the grown knowledge base in the field of Business Intelligence has relevance for the Analytics and Big Data context, too. Basically, a targeted exploration of the interplay between Business Intelligence and Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Computing as well as the concept of overarching organizational, system, and data management concepts seems appropriate.
Objective of the TDWI 2022 conference
The conference’s aim is to present, discuss, and link innovative concepts, approaches, and implementation experiences in the field of Business Intelligence and Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Computing, etc.
Regardless, contributions with topics out of the area of discourse from Strategy, Management & Organization, Data Management, Business Analytics, Technology & Architecture to special tracks in automotive industry, retail, banking, insurance & finance, or Internet of Things (IoT).
Submissions of use cases and case studies by business users are explicitly desired. In the first selection round of the advisory board, only use cases and case studies of business users will be reviewed and selected.
The technical programme will be completed in a second selection round.
Possible contributions can address the following topics, but they are not limited to:
- BIA governance, development, and operational concepts as well as their tool support
- People/Organization & Cultural Change
- Data-driven systems: BIA as the basis of digital business models / Data Monetization / BIA in the digital transformation / BIA in the innovation process
- Innovative BIA Application Domains (e.g., BIA in Logistics, BIA and Smart Farming, BIA in Energy / Internet of Energy, BIA and Health Care, BIA in Public Administration)
- BIA in the context of the topics "Internet of Things" and "Industry 4.0"
- Integration and evaluation of customer data (e.g., from Mobile BIA and Wearable BIA, BIA and Augmented / Virtual Reality) to customer journeys
- Smart Cities / Digital Citizen
- Advanced, Predictive, and Visual Analytics
- Natural language processing, Chat Bots / text mining, process mining, image mining, social network analysis & co.
- Business applications of artificial intelligence and deep learning: Convolutional Neural Networks, Deep Recurrent Neural Networks, Deep Reinforcement Learning, Deep Autoencoder, Generative Adversarial Networks & Co.
- BIA and Big Data / NoSQL / In-Memory BIA, Analytical Databases
- Agile BIA, self-service BIA and sourcing concepts (BIA aaS)
- DevOps / Data Ops / AIOps
- Data Modeling e.g. Data Vault / New Data Modeling Concepts
- Metadata management, data quality, and master data management in the BIA environment
- Data Science Platforms, Model Distribution and Operationalization, Model Management
- BIA across company boundaries
- Process-oriented BI, Operational BI, Process-centric BIA, Business Process Intelligence, etc.
- Cloud-based BIA: BIA with Microservices, Containers, Function as a Service / Serverless Computing
- Low-Code/No-Code Development Technologies
- "The new normal“ and new remote working environments including changes in collaboration, methods, process models / requirements on architectures and technologies with regard to performance, data security, compliance.
- Learnings from the pandemic incl. e.g. use cases in healthcare / solutions for scenarios and forecasting in times of uncertain supply chains and generally reduced predictability
In particular, we would like to draw your attention to the topics of our TDWI Themenzirkel:
TDWI Themenzirkel BI-Architektur
- Data fabric: best practices in implementation (hybrid solutions)
- Interface management especially of heterogeneous systems
- Data lineage in complex preparation processes
- Change management when migrating from legacy systems to modern technologies
- Connection of external data (e.g. social media, google Analytics) to an internal BW system in a critical environment
TDWI Themenzirkel Data Strategy & Data Governance
- Objects and contents of a data strategy
- Fields of action and core tasks of data governance
- Structural organization and committees of data governance
- Principles, guidelines and standards of data governance
- Roles and responsibilities: Data owner, data steward and co
- Organizational embedding and tasks of a data office
TDWI Themenzirkel Data-driven work: Data Culture & Data Literacy:
- Data Literacy & Data Culture and the development of capabilities in organizational and personal perspectives
- Data-driven Culture and data-driven Companies
TDWI Themenzirkel Self Service & Analytics
- Organization Setup of Self-Service BIA
- Frameworks & best practice for data modelling for BIA
- Definition of KPIs in organizations
- Best Practices in Data Visualization
- Data Culture & Data Literacy
Further topics and related ideas are welcome.
Please feel free to pass on this call for contributions to your colleagues.
Special Track Finanzindustrie
Track Chairs Dr. Andreas Totok & Dr. Michael Zimmer
The industry track for the financial industry has become an established meeting place for BI and AI interested participants from banks and insurance companies at TDWI München. The TDWI and Track Chair Dr. Andreas Totok cordially invites you to submit your presentation proposal for the Special Track Financial Industry. The track language is German.
- Praxisberichte über BI-Anwendungen in Banken und Versicherungen
- Datenbasierte Digitalisierung
- Einbindung von Daten aus sozialen Medien und mobilen Devices
- Data Science und Methoden der KI in datengetriebenen Geschäftsprozessen
- Speziallösungen für Analyse und Simulation
- Prozessmonitoring und -optimierung
- Anforderungen aus dem regulatorischen Meldewesen
- Umgang mit individuellen Datenverarbeitungslösungen (IDV)
- Gestaltung von revisionssicheren datengetriebenen Prozessen sowie weiterer Governance-Aspekte
- Datenqualitäts- oder Stammdatenmanagement
Track Chair Dr. Henning Baars
Together with the BI section of the German Informatics Society, we will present the Academic Track at TDWI München.
In the environment of BI & Analytics, the focus is on the consideration of polystructured data sources, the integration of more sophisticated analysis procedures and an orientation towards agility aspects. This raises questions about data quality, data security and data protection, among other things, which are discussed from a scientific perspective.
We invite all researchers to submit their academic papers.
Workshops, Interactive & Hands-On Sessions
Submissions of interactive formats and hands-on sessions such as workshops and hackathons are appreciated and will be preferred in the consideration process.
If you have a presentation or seminar that fits the above requirements and would like to submit a proposal, please use the online form only:
Choose: TDWI München 2022
Please submit your proposal in the language the seminar/session will be given.
Submission Deadline: 14th January 2022
Notification: February 2022
TDWI conferences are a multivendor and independent event. We accept only vendor neutral proposals.
To meet the high expectations of our delegates and target groups, we kindly remind you to focus your presentation on your submitted topic.
As a matter of course, please be aware to have just one slide about you and your represented company. We want to ensure comparable presentations of all speakers and to meet the event’s standard to deliver high quality content to the participants.
It is not permitted to include more slides outside the presentation’s subject area, especially information regarding you or your company.
We would appreciate receiving your presentation slides in advance of the conference. Please send all final presentations to fabian.winkler(at)sigs-datacom.de no later than 7 June 2022.
The present evaluation criteria for submissions are:
- Quality, expertise, and depth of the submission
- Relevance for the conference
- Level of innovation
- Overall impression
Please note that standard sessions at TDWI conferences are
- half-day seminars (2h30min or 3h)
- sessions (75 or 90min)
- special track session* (35 or 45min)*
We accept only vendor neutral proposals.
Seminars can be held in German or English as Basic Classes, Advanced Classes, or Professional Classes.
Requirements of Submission
All proposals must include the following detailed information for consideration:
- title of seminar contents - 60 characters, incl. blanks
- short descriptions of seminar contents:
- session (75 or 90min) – 550 characters, incl. blanks
- half-day seminar – 550 characters, incl. blanks
- special track session (35 or 45 min) - 250 characters, incl. blanks
- detailed outline of the presentation or seminar content
- (first draft of table of content/structure)
- target audience
- degree of difficulty (Basic, Advanced, Professional)
- CV of speaker (including educational experiences)
- Please point out track or category and topic
Notification of Acceptance
The final decisions regarding which proposals will be included in TDWI München will not be made before February. In some cases, we may contact you for additional information before making our final decision.
Thank you very much in advance for contributing to the success of TDWI München 2022 by submitting your proposal. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at any time.
Tel.: +49 2241 2341 552
Prof. Dr. Carsten Felden
Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg (Sachsen)
Direktor, Institut für Wirtschaftsinformatik
Professur für ABWL, insbes. IM/WI
09599 Freiberg (Sachsen)
Tel.: +49 (0) 37 31 39 26 11
Prof. Dr. Peter Chamoni
Mercator School of Management Lehrstuhl für Wirtschaftsinformatik, insbesondere Business Intelligence Lotharstr. 63
Prof. Dr. Peter Gluchowski
Technische Universität Chemnitz Fakultät für Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Professur Systementwicklung / Anwendungssysteme
Thüringer Weg 7/225
Tel.: +49 371 531 35575
Dr. Joachim Philippi
SEVEN PRINCIPLES AG
b.telligent GmbH & Co. KG
Eschersheimer Landstrasse 14
60322 Frankfurt am Main
Special Track Finanzindustrie
Dr. Andreas Totok
Geschäftsbereichsleiter Enterprise Information Management
Finanz Informatik Solutions Plus GmbH
60486 Frankfurt am Main
Dr. Henning Baars
Akademischer Oberrat Betriebswirtschaftliches Institut, Abteilung 7