Call for Contributions
Submit your talk until:
Call for Contributions
We invite you to share your expertise and knowledge with the TDWI community by applying to present at TDWI Munich 2020, the biggest international conference for Data & Insights in Germany.
Contributions from a broad spectrum of disciplines in Big Data and Analytics, Artificial
Intelligence, Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehousing (DWH) are welcome.
The conference’s aim is to present, discuss, and relate innovative concepts, approaches and implementation experiences in the field of Business Intelligence and Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Computing etc.
Regardless, we are looking forward to receiving contributions with topics out of the area of discourse from Strategy, Management & Organization, Data Management, Business Analytics, Technology & Architecture to special tracks in automotive industry, retail, banking, insurance & finance, or Internet of Things (IoT).
Possible contributions can address the following topics, but they are not limited to:
- Data-driven systems: BIA as the basis of digital business models / Data Monetization / BIA in the digital transformation / BIA in the innovation process
- Innovative BIA Application Domains (e.g., BIA in Logistics, BIA and Smart Farming, BIA in Energy / Internet of Energy, BIA and Health Care, BIA in Public Administration)
- BIA in the context of the topics "Internet of Things" and "Industry 4.0"
- Integration and evaluation of customer data (e.g. from Mobile BIA and Wearable BIA, BIA and Augmented / Virtual Reality) to customer journeys
- Smart Cities / Digital Citizen
- Advanced, Predictive, and Visual Analytics
- Natural language processing, Chat Bots / text mining, process mining, social network analysis & co.
- Business applications of artificial intelligence and deep learning: Convolutional Neural Networks, Deep Recurrent Neural Networks, Deep Reinforcement Learning, Deep Autoencoder, Generative Adversial Networks & Co.
- BIA and Big Data / NoSQL / In-Memory BIA, Analytical Databases
- Agile BIA, self-service BIA and sourcing concepts (BIA aaS)
- BIA governance, development and operational concepts as well as their tool support
- DevOps/ Data Ops
- Metadata management, data quality, and master data management in the BIA environment
- Data Science Platforms, Model Distribution and Operationalization, Model Management
- BIA across company boundaries
- Process-oriented BI, Operational BI, Process-centric BIA, Business Process Intelligence, etc.
- Cloud-based BIA: BIA with Microservices, Containers, Function as a Service / Serverless Computing
Further topics and related ideas are welcome.
Use Cases & Case Studies
Submissions of use cases and case studies of corporate users are very much appreciated and
will be preferred in the consideration process. We ask consultants for submissions referring to
concrete customer projects.
Interactive & Hands-On Sessions
Submissions of interactive formats and hands on sessions such as hackathons are appreciated
and will be preferred in the consideration process.
TDWI conferences are a multivendor and independent event. We accept only vendor neutral
To meet the high expectations of our delegates and target groups, we kindly remind you to
focus your presentation on your submitted topic.
As a matter of course, please be aware to have just one slide about you and your represented
company. We want to ensure comparable presentations of all speakers and to meet the event’s
standard to deliver high quality content to the participants.
It is not permitted to include more slides outside the presentation’s subject area, especially
information regarding you or your company.
We would appreciate receiving your presentation slides in advance of the conference. Please
send all final presentations to Wolfgang.Reuter(at)sigs-datacom.de no later than 8 June, 2020.
The present evaluation criteria for submissions are:
- Quality, expertise and depth of the submission
- Relevance for the conference
- Level of innovation
- Overall impression
Please note that standard sessions at TDWI conferences are
- half-day seminars (2h30min or 3h)
- sessions (75 or 90min)
- special track session (35 or 45 min)
We accept only vendor neutral proposals.
Seminars can be held in German or English as Basic Classes, Advanced Classes or Professional
Requirements of Submission
All proposals must include the following detailed information for consideration:
- title of seminar contents - 100 characters, incl. blanks
- short descriptions of seminar contents:
- session (75 or 90min) – 550 characters, incl. blanks
- half-day seminar – 550 characters, incl. blanks
- special track session (35 or 45 min) - 250 characters, incl. blanks
- detailed outline of the presentation or seminar content (first draft of table of content/structure)
- target audience
- degree of difficulty (Basic, Advanced, Professional)
- CV of instructor (including educational experiences)
- Please point out track or category and topic
If you have a presentation or seminar that fits the above requirements and would like to submit
a proposal, please use the online form only:
Please submit your proposal in the language the seminar/session will be given.
Submission Deadline: 10th January 2020
Notification: End of February
Notification of Acceptance
The final decisions regarding which proposals will be included in TDWI Munich 2020 will not be
made before the end of February. In some cases, we may contact you for additional information
before making our final decision.
Thank you very much in advance for contributing to the success of TDWI Munich 2020 by
submitting your proposal. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at any time.
SIGS DATACOM GmbH
Tel.: +49 2241 2341 211
SIGS DATACOM GmbH
Tel.: +49 2241 2341 531
Tel.: +49 2241 2341 552
Please feel free to pass on this call for papers to your colleagues.
Prof. Dr. Carsten Felden
Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg (Sachsen)
Direktor, Institut für Wirtschaftsinformatik
Professur für ABWL, insbes. IM/WI
09599 Freiberg (Sachsen)
Tel.: +49 (0) 37 31 39 26 11
Prof. Dr. Peter Chamoni
Mercator School of Management
Lehrstuhl für Wirtschaftsinformatik, insbesondere Business Intelligence
Prof. Dr. Peter Gluchowski
Technische Universität Chemnitz
Fakultät für Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Professur Systementwicklung / Anwendungssysteme
Thüringer Weg 7/225
Tel.: +49 371 531 35575
Dr. Joachim Philippi
SEVEN PRINCIPLES AG
NTT DATA Deutschland GmbH
Special Track Finanzindustrie
Dr. Andreas Totok
Geschäftsbereichsleiter Enterprise Information Management
Finanz Informatik Solutions Plus GmbH
60486 Frankfurt am Main